Visual Awareness Training
My visual awareness training provides your colleagues with greater confidence and knowledge of sight loss issues.
I often deliver visual awareness training to members of a department when a member of staff acquires sight loss. Training is delivered with the permission and involvement of the person with sight loss. It raises the awareness of the team to good practice and possible adaptations.
Visual awareness training is equally effective for staff to understand how best to provide an accessible service to blind and partially sighted customers.
Content varies but my visual awareness training typically covers:
- Overview of different types of sight loss and the different challenges associated with them
- Discussions around legal obligations to blind and partially sighted people and possible sight loss related reasonable adjustments.
- Good practice when communicating with blind and partially sighted people
- Ways to produce accessible information to blind and partially sighted clients and colleagues
- Good practice to guiding people who may need assistance with navigation or mobility
Questions are encouraged and knowledge and confidence is increased. Contact me to find out more or to discuss your particular requirements.