I provide practical and inspiring workshops to people who are looking to start or grow a business.
I often design workshops to fit your event. Much of the content is based on my lived experience of starting and growing a business. Everything I talk about I have tried and can share the results with participants. The ‘if I can do it, you can too’ message is often cited as very motivating and confidence building.
Here are some examples of workshops I have run:
The Mindset of a Successful Entrepreneur
This business start-up workshop looks at what makes successful entrepreneurs successful. The content encourages participants to focus on their vision and the path they can take to make it happen.
It gives participants the opportunity to consider:
- What makes a successful entrepreneur
- Where they are now and their personal vision of future success
- How to make the most of their existing skills and attributes
- Techniques for overcoming real or potential barriers that may prevent success
- What areas require attention in order to develop as an entrepreneur
Marketing on a Shoe String
This workshop is ideal for participants who are in the start-up or pre-start-up stages of setting up a business. It is equally suitable for participants who are in need of a marketing refresher to boost their existing business.
- Broaden their knowledge of low-cost and no-cost ways to market their idea or business
- Learn simple, easy to implement, free marketing methods
- Discuss the suitability of their marketing options
- Create a marketing strategy that is achievable and won’t break the bank
- Feel confident to try new marketing approaches
- Learn how social media can raise their profile and generate leads
Get Networking Working
This self-employment workshop is full of simple tips and techniques to get participants networking confidently and effectively. It provides options and methods to suit owners of existing businesses and business start-ups.
Participants experience how to:
- Confidently build on existing networks and create new ones
- Measure their progress and identify what works for them
- Make a powerful introduction
- Talk about their business confidently and persuasively
- Understand the various types and methods of networking that are open to them, including social media
- Manage disability related challenges that arise when networking (if relevant and appropriate).
Get in touch if you would like further information or to have a chat about a workshop you would like to run.
In addition, I regularly deliver my inspirational speech at events. Disabled and non-disabled audiences tell me they find my story encouraging and inspirational.
But don’t take my word for it….
“I would just like to thank you once again for your workshop, ‘Get Networking Working’ yesterday. It was a fantastic session and it created a great atmosphere and generated lots of ideas and discussions. Our delegates really benefited from your input.
Your continued communication with me to develop the programme was very much appreciated. I feel lucky to have worked with you and my team all feel the same. I look forward to working with you again in the future.”
Samantha Black Business Link in London
“Thank you very much for your interactive presentation, ‘Marketing on a Shoe String’. Our delegates found it very useful. It gave those who have not yet developed their marketing strategy lots of good pointer and, for those who have, it gave them food for thought.”
Anna Bristow College of Occupational Therapists