My life coaching is all about bringing the very best out of you and enabling you to make decisions that will improve your life. To put it simply, it is my job as coach to support you in achieving your goals.
Life coaching should not be confused with counselling or guidance. We do not go over old ground and I do not have the answers you are seeking, but I can help you discover the answers for yourself.
Life coaching techniques can be applied in a personal development or professional development context. Some typical reasons why people choose to work with me are:
- To build confidence and self belief.
- To help make decisions about getting back to work. This often includes steps to take and how to keep motivated during the process.
- To explore their options prior to deciding to make a change in their life or move forward.
- To build better personal or professional relationships.
- To find personal peace of mind.
- A general desire to ‘get sorted’.
Coaching is based on a shared feeling of trust. The relationship is based on equality and is confidential. The focus is on the future while acknowledging the present and the effects of the past. You must have a willingness to work through challenging issues towards empowerment, self confidence and a happier, more productive life.
My life coaching gets the best out of people by helping them to focus on what they can control rather than dwelling on things that they cannot. The interactions are all client-focused so the focus is on issues you want to address rather than working to a set agenda.
How does it work?
We set up a series of telephone calls at mutually agreeable times. Each call lasts around 50 minutes. All you need is access to a quiet space with a telephone. Occasionally, the coaching is delivered face-to-face or via email. Overseas clients can receive coaching by Skype.
During the first couple of sessions I will likely help you to look at your whole life situation, your plans and desires for the future and then help you to decide the main things to work on that will make a real, positive difference. In subsequent sessions, you will bring along a specific issue to work on that will help build towards your larger goals. You make progress through taking action so you decide on one or more actions to take that will move you in the direction that you want to go. You are encouraged to complete these actions before the next session. These individual actions can be quite small in themselves but build towards the bigger picture. You learn that you can take control and do things to improve your life situation.
My role during each session is mainly questioning, listening and helping you to set realistic but challenging goals.
Life coaching by telephone is highly effective and has a number of benefits:
- It is convenient as you don’t need to be at a specific location.
- Some people prefer the anonymity of the telephone.
- One-off sessions can be easily arranged after the initial series of sessions.
- Sessions can be scheduled during the daytime or evening to suit.
- Saves travelling time and expense.
Get in touch for further information or to have a chat about life coaching for yourself or someone you know or work with.